If you've received your Sense HAT and it's not working as expected, here are some suggestions which fix most issues for our customers.
Try these fixes in order, and if you're still having trouble, please send our friendly support team a message.
- Update your Raspberry Pi - This will bring in the latest software for the Sense HAT. Open a terminal window and enter the following commands to update your Raspberry Pi:
- sudo apt-get update
- sudo apt-get upgrade
- Install the Sense HAT software - Your Raspberry Pi may already have this software installed, but to make sure, enter the following command in a terminal window:
- sudo apt-get install sense-hat
- Force the Sense overlay to load - Sometimes a quick configuration change is required to force the Sense HAT overlay to load, to allow the Pi to recognise the device. To do this, follow the steps below:
- In a terminal window, enter sudo nano /boot/config.txt
- Add the following line: dtoverlay=rpi-sense
- Reboot your Raspberry Pi (you can use command sudo reboot)